Who’s looking after you?
When it comes to your health, your family doctor is usually your first point of contact. But you could get a lot more from your health care team by accessing the services of a broader health care team, including a wide range of professionals who work together to bring you the best of their combined expertise. Your AbbVie Care team can help connect you to some of these services; their expert help is only a phone call away.
You are the most important member of your health care team
It is up to you to take an active role in looking after yourself and to ask for help when you need it. Don’t be afraid to ask questions about the role of each member of your team.
Your health care network
- Caregiver (if you have one)
- Friends and family
Personalized support services for people who are taking certain AbbVie medications
YOUR PRIMARY HEALTH CARE TEAM
Your family doctor will refer you to your specialist MD. These health care professionals work together closely, and help you access your broader network of care
HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONALS
- Physiotherapist(+) Physiotherapist: Trained in assessing physical function, mobility and posture. They can provide recommendations on how to move safely and can create a personalized exercise program.
- Occupational therapist(+) Occupational therapist: Assesses living and working environments to help maximize independent living. They may suggest equipment or devices that can help maintain independence.
- Mental health professionals(+) Mental health professionals: Includes a range of specialists trained in human psychology and counselling. They can offer guidance on the emotional challenges of living with a medical condition.
- Social worker(+) Social worker: Offers support around financial and family concerns related to a medical condition, and can help people access resources and services in their local community.
- Complementary and alternative therapists
- Support groups
- Online resources
- Other health care professionals