AbbVie Care Reimbursement Services.
Getting access to your medication
AbbVie Care can help you navigate insurance coverage for your AbbVie medication
- Each province in Canada has a public health plan in place and is additionally supported by federal health programs.
- Depending on the province and program, this helps cover hospital services, visits to the doctor and certain medication costs.
- If you have a private drug plan, you may have additional coverage for eye care, dental work, and certain prescriptions. Ideally, your public and private insurance would cover the cost of all your medications, but the reality is often more complicated.
- Private drug coverage can be complex because every insurance plan is different:
Some plans may cover certain drugs but not others when treating the same medical condition
Some plans may require you to meet certain criteria before you are eligible for a medication, e.g., you have to show that your previous medication was not effective
AbbVie Care is here to help
We provide reimbursement services to all our program members. Our goal is to help get the cost of your AbbVie medication covered as quickly as possible.
Our reimbursement experts maximize your public and private plans by looking at all your options for coverage, including:
- Public and private insurance
- Secondary plan coverage, if applicable
- Health spending accounts, if applicable
- Other options based on your individual circumstances
We coordinate with your insurance company and can connect with your health care team, if required.
AbbVie Care is here for you through life’s changes
Are you thinking about moving to a new province?
Did your marital status change?
Have you recently had a change in your job situation?
Are you turning 65?
These are just some of the changes that may affect your medication coverage. Keep us in the loop on any of these changes in your life so that we can continue to support and help you with your medication coverage.
Calling AbbVie Care may not be top of mind when these changes occur, so we want to remind you that we are here to support you.
Call your AbbVie Care Agent if there are any changes in your life!
If you would like to know more about our reimbursement services, or are unsure if your insurance will cover your AbbVie medication, please click here to choose your medication.
Frequently asked questions
If you need help figuring out your insurance coverage, we are here for you! Through our reimbursement services, AbbVie Care considers your medical insurance coverage, explores your options and walks you through the paperwork you may need to complete to get your AbbVie medication.
Your AbbVie Care Agent will assist you with information about financial coverage during your first AbbVie Care call. Your AbbVie Care Agent may also put you in touch with a reimbursement specialist to help you with your financial needs.